7 Building 7 Problems
This page is a Wikified rendering of the bulk of Dwain Deet's  "7problemswithbuilding7" web site.
- No plane struck the 47-story World Trade Center skyscraper (Building 7).
- NIST had recordings of explosions in the vicinity of Building 7, but withheld this evidence until well after issuing their final report. The final report did not account for even the possibility of these explosions. Recently, a legal suit forced NIST to release this critical evidence.
- A free-fall drop of 2.25 sec. is finally officially acknowledged. National Institute of Standards and Technology lead investigator Shyam Sunder explained months earlier that, an object in free fall "would be an object that has no structural components below it."
- Commercially controlled media quickly transitioned coverage of the building collapse to a "feel good" spin, focusing on the building being vacant when it came down. Dan Rather and Peter Jennings were more candid with their immediate comments, relating it to the familiar demolition of buildings we all well know.
- No mention of the collapse of Building 7 in The 9/11 Commission Report.
- The New York Times characterized as "perhaps the deepest mystery in the investigation," a FEMA-report appendix about a steel specimen recovered from Building 7, rather like Swiss cheese, a product of extraordinarily high temperatures.
- No mention in the NIST Building 7 Final Report of this mysterious steel specimen.
No Plane Struck Building 7
The original WTC 7 was 47 stories tall, clad in red exterior masonry, and occupied a trapezoidal footprint. The building opened in 1987. In 1988, Salomon Brothers signed a long-term lease, and became the main tenants of the building.
Only after the building’s destruction on September 11 did the presence of secret C.I.A. offices in the building become known. In a NY Times article by James Risen published November 4, 2001,  it stated, "The agency's New York station was behind the false front of another federal organization, which intelligence officials requested that The Times not identify. The station was, among other things, a base of operations to spy on and recruit foreign diplomats stationed at the United Nations, while debriefing selected American business executives and others willing to talk to the C.I.A. after returning from overseas."
Other federal agencies with offices in Building 7 were the Department of Defense, Internal Revenue Service, Secret Service, and Security and Exchange Commission. New York City’s Mayor Giuliani had his Office of Emergency Management on the 23rd floor.
"No plane struck Building 7". This does not imply that, had a plane struck the building, it would have collapsed straight down as it did.
The fact that no plane struck Building 7 makes it a cleaner violation. With no plane there is no confusion. Defenders of the Official Story have more of an obligation to explain fully the anomalous destruction of this 47-story building.
The building is referred to in several ways: 7 World Trade Center, World Trade Center 7, WTC 7, and Building 7.
Sound of explosions
Newly obtained 9/11 eyewitness footage that NIST attempted to keep secret contains what appears to be the sound of explosions coming from the vicinity of WTC 7 after the collapse of the twin towers.
The clip was released by NIST as part of a 3-terabyte package of video and photo data in response to a lawsuit brought by the International Center for 9/11 Studies. 
The above video is from eyewitness Richard Peskin, who filmed ground zero from a high rise building that was in the vicinity of Building 7. The first portion of the footage is filmed immediately after the collapse of the closest tower to Building 7, WTC 1. At about 10 seconds into the clip, two clear explosions can be heard.
NIST did consider what they called a "blast scenario," but it assumed the planting of explosives about a single column shortly before the 5:20 PM collapse of Building 7. Their assumption was that whom ever would plant such explosives would have done it earlier in the day after the building was vacated. NIST rejected this scenario because they said no audio record of a blast with sufficient decibel level existed.
We now know NIST had records of several explosive blasts around 11:00 a.m. which they attempted to keep hidden from the public.
But - even if there were no explosions, there is a problem in that there was no evidence of fires during the first 100 minutes following the Collapse of the second (closest) tower which caused the debris damage alleged to have started them
However, according to the NIST Final Report:
- Fires on floor 22 were not involved in the critical damage to the building. Also fires first observed 2 hours after debris strikes from WTC 1 on floors 29 & 30, also were not floors with critical damage.
- No fires moved from floor to floor
- The floors contributing to the critical fire damage were on 7-9 and 11-13. The earliest evidence of fires on any of these floors was 3 hrs, 40 minutes after the debris struck. 
Freefall - But Significance Understated
The NIST Final Report explained the 2.25-sec freefall resulted in a drop spanning eight stories. No explanation was given as to how the structural components below could have suddenly offered no resistance.
At the time NIST was maintining the building collapsed at 40% gravitational acceleration, high school physics teacher David Chandler submitted a graphical analysis of a video showing the collapse. This led to NIST acknowledgement of 100% gravitiational acceleration, which is free fall. An updated video analysis by Chandler with more recent information from NIST is available from Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth on YouTube. 
To gain an appreciation for eight stories of freefall, consider this figure showing two slices of time. The start of freefall is shown on the left, and the end of freefall on the right. The eight stories are shown as a block near the bottom left. This would be hidden from our view, and we don’t know if it was a block of eight floors as shown, or if the floors with structure removed were distributed in some manner. It’s probably more likely the columns on single floors were taken out every third floor, to leave column segments convenient in length for later removal.
After the period of freefall had ended, the remaining upper part of the building continued to accelerate downward, but because of resistance of the lower structure, descended at something less than gravitational acceleration.
Mainstream Coverage Transitions Quickly to Blackout
Mainstream media quickly transitioned coverage of the building collapse to a "feel good" spin, focusing on the building being vacant when it came down. Dan Rather and Peter Jennings were more candid with their immediate comments, relating it to the familiar demolition of buildings we all well know.
Mainstream media transitioned through three stages of information quality in record time:
- More time taken, plus some reflection other than just saying no one was in the building.
- Short, less than 20 seconds, or with no reflective comments.
- No mention of collapse at all.
TV records for this review were gathered from the "Internet Archive" on line collection. 
DR: Dan Rather - "For the third time today, it's reminiscent of those pictures we've all seen too much... when a building was deliberately destroyed by well-placed dynamite to knock it down." Dan Rather coverage of Building 7 collapse is on YouTube. 
PJ: Peter Jennings - "Well, there’s Building 7 coming down. When you think that part of the component of news coverage around the country every year is the excitement, the fun, that people get watching an old building being demolished, and they wire it very carefully for days. It’s a very careful operation in order to make sure a building comes down safely. I think the last one we saw was when they brought down one of the old casinos in Las Vegas. It’s just stunning to see these buildings come down...and now, number seven World Trade Center which is 47-stories tall."
AB2 & MM: Aaron Brown & Maureen Madden - "The whole south side of the building was engulfed in flames, at one time. They had been waiting for it to come down for the past half hour or so. At least they had some warning."
DS: Diane Sawyer – "As you know, within the hour, another building came down, a 47-story building."
AB1: Ashleigh Banfield – "Those people (Bldg 7) had all been cleared out of those buildings as soon as the first plane it the WTC this morning. They were just waiting for that building to go down."
PH: Philip Hayton - Shows collapse video. "Supposedly has been weakened because it was so close to the other buildings. Presumably, they were able to evacuate everyone."
ML & TN: Mike Landess & Tracey Neale – Shows Video of collapse. Landess says, "The information we have this building was probably incredibly structurally damaged by the goings on right next door." Neale follows, "It is another building at the World Trade Center itself, number seven, World Trade Center. It had been evacuated this morning. So, structural damage probably led to this building coming down."
SP: Scott Pelley – "Thru the day, an inferno raged in Building 7, another massive office tower. Fire fighters feared it would collapse. And, a little more than 8 hours after the attack, the abandoned building fell."
DS-Int.: Diane Sawyer interviewed a volunteer from California (J.D. Halperim) reporting from near the WTC 7 collapse. "Well, at Building Seven, there was no fire there, whatsoever. There was one truck putting water on the building. But then, it collapsed completely. (The context implied the observation of no fire was after the collapse.)
CG: Charlie Gipson - One wrapup sentence - "And then, at 5:20 PM, still another building collapses -- Seven World Trade Center."
Eight Years Later -- There is some Relaxation in Coverage Blackout - Some indicators the media started to cover some questioning of prevailing opinion on the Building 7 collapse - here.
Third Beam at 9th Anniversary - A Reminder that Blackout Continues
As a surprise for the 9th anniversary, AE911Truth put up a third light beam at the World Trade Center representing the truth about the controlled demolition of Building 7.1 But Blackout quickly suppressed any Media coverage. The other two official beams represented a memorial to the lives lost in the Twin Towers.
The third beam was turned on at precisely 9:11 p.m. on September 11, 2010. At that same instant, a press release from AE911Truth through PRNewswire service was sent to the full list of media outlets in the NYC Metro area. Shortly thereafter, a number of people called stations asking them about the third beam. Generally, the explanation given was that it stood for Building 7. However, the next morning, the media made no mention of any third beam.
PRNewswire reported the third-beam press release received the second "most read" designation on their website for that day.2 Despite this, no mainstream media reported on a third beam.
- "The Story Behind the Story: The AE911Truth Third Beam Team," by Barbara Honegger 
- "Third Beam Shines Light on Government and Media Blackout," by Richard Caragol, architect, and Barbara Honegger 
- www.archive.org/details/sept_11_tv_archive 
No Mention of the Collapse of WTC 7 in The 9/11 Commission Report
Lee Hamilton, the former co-chair of the 9/11 Commission, gives a wide-ranging interview to the CBC about Without Precedent, a book he co-authored on the 9/11 Commission (see August 15, 2006). The interviewer, Evan Solomon, points out that the 9/11 Commission's final report does not actually mention the collapse of Building 7, and Hamilton says he does not recall whether the Commission made a specific decision to leave it out. 
FEMA-Report Appendix on Swiss-Cheese Looking Steel Sample
As commented by 9/11Research, FEMA's WTC Building Performance Study, Appendix C Limited Metallurgical Study, describes observations interesting from a forensic standpoint, that steel members were severely corroded by sulfidative attack. 
In an article by James Glanz and Eric Lipton, "A Search for Clues In Towers' Collapse; Engineers Volunteer to Examine Steel Debris Taken to Scrapyards," New York Times, February 2, 2002, the authors state, "Perhaps the deepest mystery uncovered in the investigation involves extremely thin bits of steel collected from the trade towers and from 7 World Trade Center, a 47-story high rise that also collapsed for unknown reasons. The steel apparently melted away, but no fire in any of the buildings was believed to be hot enough to melt steel outright." 
The characteristic of severe corroding by sulfidative attack produces "Eutectic Steel." A short YouTube video probing this aspect was produced by Jonathan Cole, P.E., titled "9/11 Experiments: The Mysterious Eutectic Steel." 
NIST Did Not Mention Swiss-Cheese Looking Steel Sample
Whereas, the authors of FEMA Appendix C took the approach of calling for further research, since, for example, the rate of corrosion was unknown, NIST took the approach of saying, since it is unknown, the relationship between when the corrosion occurred, and the collapse can’t be determined. Furthermore, NIST noted the Appendix C authors stated they believed one of the steel samples came from WTC 7. NIST treated this as equivalent to the location being unknown, and it was not possible to link the first sample conclusively to WTC 7. Because of this, it wasn’t studied further.
This explanation was provided in a letter dated June 24, 2010, from NIST Senior Communications Officer, Michael E. Newman, to Ronald H. Brookman. Mr. Brookman had written to NIST Director Patrick Gallagher inquiring on this and other matters, May 31, 2010.
- Dwain Deets - Director for Aerospace Projects (retired), NASA Dryden Flight Research Center
- Photo composite contained in the "9/11: Blueprint for Truth" – The Architecture of Destruction DVD, available at Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth Store
- A Nation Challenged: The Intelligence Agency; Secret C.I.A. Site in New York Was Destroyed on Sept. 11 New York Times 4 November 2001
- International Center for 9/11 Studies
- David Ray Griffin, The Mysterious Collapse of World Trade Center 7: Why the Final Official Report about 9/11 is Unscientific and False, 2010. Chapter 8.
- Analysis of freefall of WTC Building 7 YouTube. Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth
- "Internet Archive" - Television coverage of 9/11
- Dan Rather coverage of 9/11 - YouTube
- The Story Behind the Story: The AE911Truth Third Beam Team
- Third Beam Shines Light on Government and Media Blackout of WTC 7
- "Who is Lee Hamilton?" Visibility 9-11 web site
- 9-11 Research commentary on FEMA metalurgical report
- A Search for Clues In Towers' Collapse; Engineers Volunteer to Examine Steel Debris Taken to Scrapyards New York Times 2 February 2002
- 9/11 Experiments: The Mysterious Eutectic Steel Johnathan Cole - YouTube video